In the Sacrament of Baptism, your child is welcomed into the one family of Jesus Christ. The Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary also welcomes your child in a very special way. We look forward to the many years of spiritual and personal development that begins with the Baptism of your child. Your child and you have a new opportunity to grow ever closer to God and your parish starting with this Baptism. We welcome you all with great joy and look forward to seeing you during the years in varied ministries, social services and spiritual experiences from Sunday Mass to those grand moments of First Communion and Confirmation. May God bless you as you and your child grow together in Our Lord and His Mother.
Immaculate Heart of Mary ….pray for us.
- The parents must be members of the parish. If the parents are not married or not married validly in the Catholic Church they must indicate their willingness to work with the priest in having their marriage blessed in the Church.
- During the initial interview, the Priest/Deacon must see a reasonable hope that your child will be raised as a practicing Catholic.
- The parent/parents should be striving to (1) participate regularly in Sunday Mass, (2) grow in their love of God and neighbor, (3) find prayer and faith to be important in their daily lives, (4) eliminate unjust attitudes and practices from their lives and desire to be examples of faith to their children.
- 1st and 3rd Sunday of the Month at 1:30 PM in the Church.
- Private Baptisms with a visiting priest who is a relative or friend may be arranged.
- The parents must attend a BAPTISMAL CLASS. The schedule for these classes is at the bottom of this page. All the classes are in the rectory at 7:30 PM.
- The parents are asked to please be on time for the class as well as the actual Baptism.
- There should be two Godparents – one male and one female. There must be at least one Godparent.
- At least one of the Godparents MUST be CATHOLIC. An unbaptized person (Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim etc.) cannot serve as a Godparent as they cannot give witness to their faith in Jesus Christ. Any other non-Catholic Christian is referred to as a Christian Witness.
- The Godparent must be least 14 years old.
- The Catholic Godparent must have received the three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Holy Communion and Confirmation, and if married, is validly married in the Catholic Church.
- The Catholic Godparent must obtain a Sponsor Certificate from his/her own parish.
You must speak to one of the parish priests in order to reserve a date for Baptism. Please bring the child’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE. The priest will fill out an information form with you after you have read this brochure.
God bless you, your family and your children.
Immaculate Heart of Mary….pray for us.
To arrange for a wedding at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church one of the parties should be a registered member of the parish. Exceptions may be made for former parishioners, persons who have family currently in the parish, graduates of the school and those who have received sacraments here. Weddings are scheduled on Friday afternoons at 4 PM or 5 PM; on Saturdays at 1 PM or 3 PM; on Sundays no earlier than 2 PM. Since Baptisms are scheduled on the first and third Sundays of each month at 1:30 PM, there are no weddings on those Sundays.
Arrangements with the church should be made at least six months in advance and prior to making any arrangements for your reception.
Please call the Parish House for an appointment to speak with a priest who will discuss with you the requirements for your church wedding. You must attend a Marriage Preparation Program prior to your wedding.